Charter School Application Process
Lafourche Parish School Board 2020 District Charter School Application Process for Schools Opening in the 2021-2022 School Year or Beyond
Forms and Information Needed for Submission of a Type 1 or Type 3 Charter School Proposal
In compliance with R.S. 17:3982, the Lafourche Parish School Board is making public through our website, and in printed form upon request, the guidelines for submitting a charter proposal, all forms required for submission of a charter proposal, the timelines established for accepting and reviewing charter proposals, the process that will be used to review charter proposals submitted to the board, and the name and contact information for a primary point of contact for charter proposals.
1. Charter School Application
Applicants should complete the 2020 Common Charter School Application found here.
The common application requires applicants to complete five sets of documents – a charter proposal written in response to the questions posed in the common application, a finances template, an eligibility form, background check forms, and an overview template. Links to the last four sets of documents are embedded within the common charter application.
2. Charter School Process Schedule
- December 13, 2019: Charter application released
- January 10, 2020: Deadline for districts to post all required information to their websites
- March 6, 2020: Applications due - Applicants should email the five required sets of documents to ncurole@mylpsd,com
- June 12, 2020: Last day for Lafourche Parish School Board to make decisions to approve or deny charter applications
3. Charter Application Review Process
All charter applications will be reviewed by an independent evaluator with educational, organizational, legal, and financial expertise. Applicants will have the opportunity to provide to the evaluator a written response to the independent evaluation of their charter application before the evaluator provides a final recommendation to Lafourche Parish School Board.
4. Charter School Contact Information
Individuals or organizations with questions about the district's charter application process should contact:
Nancy Curole, Associate Director of Turnaround Schools
805 East 7th Street, Thibodaux, LA 70301
Posted December 18, 2019